A Rock, A River, A Tree
Friday, 30 May 2014
A Rock, A River, A Tree
Monday, 26 May 2014
In 1577 Sir Francis Drake wrote :
Disturb us Lord ,
When we are too pleased with ourselves, when our dreams have come true ,
Because we dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely,
Because we sailed too close to the shore .
Disturb us , Lord ,
When with the abundance of things we poses ,
We have lost our thirst for the waters of life ;
Having fallen in love with life,
We have ceased to dream of eternity，
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
We have allowed our vision of the
new heaven to dim
Saturday, 4 January 2014
"What can be said in New Year rhymes,
That's not been said a thousand times?
The new years come, the old years go,
We know we dream, we dream we know.
We rise up laughing with the light,
We lie down weeping with the night.
We hug the world until it stings,
We curse it then and sigh for wings.
We live, we love, we woo, we wed,
We wreathe our prides, we sheet our dead.
We laugh, we weep, we hope, we fear,
And that's the burden of a year."
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sunday, 10 November 2013
Each person who ever was or is or will be has a song. It isn't a song that anybody else wrote. It has its own melody, it has its own words. Very few people get to sing their song. Most of us fear that we cannot do it justice with our voices, or that our words are too foolish or too honest, or too odd. So people live their song instead.”
O let them pass, O let them go,
As the Long river eastward flow
Never to return nor backward flows.
O forget all, O forget none.
Monday, 22 July 2013
1. Know that you are anointed for the job or position you now hold!
2. Do not expect to be appreciated
3. Embrace opportunities for change
4. Do the job well while remembering the vision
5. Do not let the environment get inside you!
6. Increase your capacity to work with difficult personalities
7. Where you are is not where you are going!
8. Achieve optimal results with minimal confusion
9. Do not pledge allegiance to cliques and groups!
10. Always keep your song near you
It is indeed ironic that out of our desire for stability, security, and predictability we set ourselves up for
instability, uncertainty, and surprises. Perhaps if we adjusted our expectations to be more realistic, we would not be so traumatized when change comes. And rest assured - it will come. We should expect change in our
workplace and know that only God can serve as our secure anchor, our unshakable, immovable rock.
The only way we can extend ourselves to reach the next level is to move beyond our comfort zone and utilize more of our talents and capabilities.
He introduces some change into our lives to spur us into action. The least we can do in turbulent times of
change is to give Him the opportunity to use us, even when what we face seems formidable or impossible to us. Time and time again, we must remember that when God anoints us for a position, then nothing can ultimately stand in our way. Our perceptions of ourselves, if not based on faith in what we cannot presently see, will cause us to limit ourselves and undermine the blessing and success that God has planned for us. We are short-circuiting our own destiny, pulling the plug before the on switch has been flipped; all because we do not think we are adequately equipped for the job.
Do not put on airs of superiority, especially if you now oversee employees who were once your peers.
“In quiet and confidence shall be your strength. Thoughts are the final frontiers of privacy. If we always
speak our mind, we are violating our own privacy. When it is appropriate, speak up and speak right. But most of the time, we need to keep a guard on our lips.”
Responding requires first quietness and then reflecting. Reacting suggests that some action takes place following a comment or an incident. Negative attitudes, harmful behaviour, and insidious gossip can contaminate the believer and cause him/her to lose his/her witness, along with his/her peace, hope and joy.
Man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.
Make an effort to remain beyond reproach in your dealings with co-workers.
Consumerism is an epidemic in our society that we must attempt to resist. Finally, be strong in the Lord, relying on his mighty strength.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Saturday, 26 January 2013
Saturday, 2 June 2012
1. The world is trying to keep you stupid. From bank fees to interest rates to miracle diets, people who are not educated are easier to get money from and easier to lead. Educate yourself as much as possible for wealth, independence, and happiness.
2. Do not have faith in institutions to educate you. By the time they build the curriculum, it’s likely that the system is outdated– sometimes utterly broken. You both learn and get respect from people worth getting it from by leading and doing, not by following.
3. Read as much as you can. Learn to speed read with high retention. Emerson Spartz taught me this while I was at a Summit Series event. If he reads 2-3 books a week, you can read one.
4. Connect with everyone, all the time. Be genuine about it. Learn to find something you like in each person, and then speak to that thing.
5. Don’t waste time being shy. Shyness is the belief that your emotions should be the arbitrators of your decision making process when the opposite is actually true.
6. If you feel weird about something during a relationship, that’s usually what you end up breaking up over.
7. Have as much contact as possible with older people. Personally, I met people at Podcamps. My friend Greg, at the age of 13, met his first future employer sitting next to him on a plane. The reason this is so valuable is because people your age don’t usually have the decision-making ability to help you very much. Also they know almost everything you will learn later, so ask them.
8. Find people that are cooler than you and hang out with them too. This and the corollary are both important: “don’t attempt to be average inside your group. Continuously attempt to be cooler than them (by doing cooler things, being more laid back, accepting, ambitious, etc.).”
9. You will become more conservative over time. This is just a fact. Those you surround yourself with create a kind of “bubble” that pushes you to support the status quo. For this reason, you need to do your craziest stuff NOW. Later on, you’ll become too afraid. Trust me.
10. Reduce all expenses as much as possible. I mean it. This creates a safety net that will allow you to do the crazier shit I mentioned above.
11. Instead of getting status through objects (which provide only temporary boosts), do it through experiences. In other words, a trip to Paris is a better choice than a new wardrobe. Studies show this also boosts happiness.
12. While you are living on the cheap, solve the money problem. Use the internet, because it’s like a cool little machine that helps you do your bidding. If you are currently living paycheck to paycheck, extend that to three weeks instead of two. Then, as you get better, you can think a month ahead, then three months, then six, and finally a year ahead. (The goal is to get to a point where you are thinking 5 years ahead.)
13. Learn to program.
14. Get a six-pack (or get thin, whatever your goal is) while you are young. Your hormones are in a better place to help you do this at a younger age. Don’t waste this opportunity, trust me.
15. Learn to cook. This will make everything much easier and it turns food from a chore + expensive habit into a pleasant + frugal one. I’m a big Jamie Oliver fan, but whatever you like is fine.
16. Sleep well. This and cooking will help with the six pack. If you think “I can sleep when I’m dead” or “I have too much to do to sleep,” I have news for you: you are INEFFICIENT, and sleep deprivation isn’t helping.
17. Get a reminder app for everything. Do not trust your own brain for your memory. Do not trust it for what you “feel like” you should be doing. Trust only the reminder app. I use RE.minder and Action Method.
18. Choose something huge to do, as well as allowing the waves of opportunity to help you along. If you don’t set goals, some stuff may happen, but if you do choose, lots more will.
19. Get known for one thing. Spend like 5 years doing it instead of flopping around all over the place. If you want to shift afterwards, go ahead. Like I said, choose something.
20. Don’t try to “fix” anyone. Instead, look for someone who isn’t broken. Written by: Julian Smith inoveryourhead.net
- ► 2008 (116)
- ► 2009 (106)
- Life may change,but it may fly not; Hope may vanish,but can die not; Truth be veiled, but still it burtneth;Love repulsed,----but it returneth.人生の中に夢があるのではなく夢の中に人生がある. 没有花吗，有歌我献给你；没有歌吗，有话在我心里；没有话吗，有梦我告诉你。 I'm walking in the favour of God, his grace and mercy has brought me this far. I will believe all that His word says about me; lack and poverty, it's not my destiny. I'm walking, I'm living, I'm walking in the favour of GOD. His favour (his favour) is better (is better) than life to me, the blessings of Jesus make me rich in victory.